You don’t have to be on a picnic to have this, but it’s a really great one to pull out amidst the soggy sandwiches and packets of sausages. It tastes just as good warm, room temperature or cold, so it's a low maintenance make ahead treat that's full of goodness.
Really fresh and filling it’s a winner for lunchboxes as well.
Serve with roast chicken, salmon, tofu or halloumi for a great lunch.
- 2 cups Red Camargue and Wild Rice
- 1 cup Quinoa
- ½ cup pine nuts, toasted
- ½ cup cranberries, chopped
- 1 cup tightly packed watercress or rocket
- ½ pointed cabbage finely shredded/sliced
- ¼ cup basil leaves, chopped roughly
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped roughly
- (Optional 1/2 cup cooked broad beans)
- 1 lemon juiced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
Cook the rice and quinoa as the packet directs, all are slightly different, and when cooked drain and spread out in a large baking tray to cool, and let the steam evaporate without causing clumps.
Roast the pine nuts on a baking sheet for 6 minutes at 170 until just turning brown.
In a large bowl toss together all the ingredients, and pack into Tupperware without dressing.
Pour dressing contents into a jam jar and shake before using.
Drizzle dressing over to serve.