Fridge Empty Frittata
If you're about to go on holiday, or away for the weekend etc, this is a fabulous way of using up a ton of vegetables and getting them into your kids in a super fast, easy way. That you can then slice up and keep in the fridge for travelling day! Two birds. Always makes me happy.
In a medium pan heat heat 2 tbsp of the oil. Saute the leek and red onion for 10 minutes over medium low heat until very soft.
Parboil the broccoli for 3 minutes, and roast the cauliflower, drizzled with he rest of the oil, in the oven on a baking tray at 180 for 10 minutes.
Whisk the eggs together, season with salt and pepper.
In an oven proof round dish, lay the onions and leeks in an even layer along the bottom, cover with roasted/parboiled veg, until evenly spaced. Pour over the egg mixture and parmesan if using.
Place in the oven for 14-16 minutes at 180 until almost entirely firm, you want the middle to yield a little as it will continue to cook and it will harden as it cools.
Serve warm with a green salad.
Then eat again the next day, delicious cold from the fridge, or as a snack on a plane!
- 12 Eggs
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 Cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1/4 broccoli head, in florets
- 2 leeks, finely sliced
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 3 tbsp grated parmesan (omit if dairy free, still delicious)
- Use any veg parboiled or roasted in place of missing items above, it's meant to be using up stuff you have not to go out shopping for. Sweet potato, peppers, spinach, courgette etc ALL work fabulously