This was created as part of a partnership with Lidl to make 5 recipes for a family from a shopping basket of £40. The recipes are all vegetable centric and full of flavour and I'm so pleased I managed to duck under that budget!
Converting beetroot sceptics and children who said they didn't like goats cheese, I hope you love it too.
- 600g beetroots (4 approx), peeled and cut into slim wedges
- 2 small sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced in 1 inch rounds
- 2x 150g goat’s cheese logs, sliced
- 2 onions, roughly chopped
- ½ Baguette, sliced in 3cm thickness
- 40g parmesan, grated
Preheat the oven to 180.
Lightly grease an ovenproof roasting dish and layer the beetroot, sweet potato and onion wedges with pieces of goat’s cheese interspersed until the tray is full.
Drizzle over some olive oil and roast for 30 minutes, remove from oven, add the sliced baguette rounds brushed with oil and finished with parmesan.
Return to oven for a further 20-30 minutes until golden and soft throughout.