How to have a delicious hot drink to boost your energy and mood without the jangling nerves or sleep disruption I get from coffee. Here are a list of the drinks we'll be making this week, and if you wanted to get ahead a list of the ingredients that you may not have to make them. For those asking about the glass I've been using, it's one of these, if I make it look beautiful it all becomes more doable: Bodum Glass Set (Dishwasher Safe, 0.25 L/8 oz) Pack of 2 Thanks for all your tips on reusable coffee cups, in case you are still looking, I just ordered a Keep Cup, I love the glass and cork and need a big one, but they have lots of other colours and sizes: KeepCup Brew - Cork Edition |12oz Medium - Espresso
Heat all ingredients bar the honey, gently in a pan to simmering point. Then blend in a high powered blender for 30-60 seconds until yellow, bright and frothy. Add honey or not to taste. Serve immediately.
Heat the milk and water in a small pan until just simmering. Pour into a powerful blender and blend at high speed with the tea, collagen and vanilla for 60 seconds until creamy. Taste and add honey if needed.
*My TOP TIP is to use boiling water in place of milk add 2 tbsp almonds/cashews and make it all at once instantly in the blender!
To get ahead:
Add the spices to a dry pan and heat gently for a minute or two until fragrant but not burning. Add the apple juice, water and orange zest and juice. Heat to just below boiling and gently simmer for 3 minutes. Pour into a mug , stirring in the vinegar (optional). Do add honey if you need sweetness, but I love these flavours as is.
I use this "with the MOTHER" as it is alive and full of active compounds rather than preservatives:
Willy's Apple Cider Vinegar with The Mother 1000ml
Day 1) Turmeric Latte - warming and energising
- 1 cup cashew milk (oat, almond or regular) To make your own sub almonds for cashews here and minus vanilla: http://lizzieloveshealthy.com/vanilla-almond-milk-2/
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 2 inch piece turmeric root, peeled
- 1 1/2 inch slice ginger peeled OR 1/2 tsp ground turmeric 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- Large pinch ground cinnamon
- Grind black pepper
- (1 tsp honey to taste)
Day 2) Collagen Matcha Latte - immune boosting + skin lovingMy original recipe with the lowdown on this green goodness is here. And to read all about this skin magic get the Collagen Scoop.
- 1 Cup Oat or Almond Milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 tsp Matcha Powder
- 2 tbsp Collagen Powder This is my choice as it's pasture-fed and hormone-free: Great Lakes Gelatin Collagen Hydrolysate, 16 oz.
- Large pinch vanilla powder, or 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp honey (optional)
Day 3) Warm Spiced Apple Punch - gut-loving and mood boosting
- 250 ml freshly juiced apples
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 clove
- 1/2 stick cinnamon
- 1 peel of orange zest
- 3 tbsp squeezed orange juice
- 1 Star anise
- 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar Willy's Apple Cider Vinegar with The Mother 1000ml
Day 4) Mushroom Chai Latte
Super excited to share this, my latest discovery for an energy boosting drink, don't be freaked out by the mushroom thing, it's a powder from special mushrooms and it tastes as cosy as can be, whilst doing a fab job of boosting energy and managing stress.
- 1 tsp Cordyceps Mushroom Powder: Mogro Certified Organic Cordyceps Powder (125g)
- 1 Cup Cashew Milk (or oat, regular)
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp honey to taste (optional)
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- large pinch ground ginger
- 1 cardamom pod, bashed slightly
- Or use Chai tea bags in place of spice and steep in the cashew milk whilst warming
Day 5) Bedtime Cocoa
- 1 heaped tbsp High quality cocoa powder / cacao powder -this is the best tasting chocolate there is: Callebaut cocoa powder - 1kg bag
- 1/2 - 1 tsp Ashwaghanda Powder
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk (make your own if you fancy: http://lizzieloveshealthy.com/vanilla-almond-milk-2/
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- sprinkle of sea salt
- 1 tsp Honey if needed
- (Add 1 tbsp collagen powder if you need, it makes it frothier and I love the stuff)